Ghana - US joint security exercise Ghana and the United States (US) would from April 26, 2016, launch a joint readiness-exercise towards strengthening the effectiveness of government entities and security forces in responding to international threats such as trafficking and terrorism. A statement from the Public Affairs Section of the Ghana Armed Forces and signed by E. Aggrey-Quarshie said the U.S. Government had been working directly with the Government of Ghana to plan the exercise, dubbed, ‘Epic Guardian 2016.’ Personnel from the Ghana Police Service and the Ghana Armed Forces would be the participants alongside their counterparts from the United States Africa Command (USAFRICOM) and the Special Operations Command Africa (SOCAFRICA). The eight-day exercise would take place primarily on Ghanaian military premises, the statement said. The training would consist of Staff Crisis Action Planning, Deployment of Forces, Completion of Field Exercises, and the Redeployment of Forces, the statement said. Find Attached the Statement GBC