KATH Dismisses Reported Case of Ebola Outbreak in Kumasi Health Authorities in the Ashanti Region have dismissed claims of an Ebola outbreak at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi. Reports say the Accident and Emergency Centre at hospital was closed to the public on Sunday morning following unconfirmed reports that a patient there had been traveling with the disease from Liberia, one of the countries affected by the outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus. According to the report, the victim went to the hospital with his head bleeding and a fractured leg. Addressing a news conference in Kumasi this afternoon, the Ashanti Regional Director of Health Dr. Alexis Nang-Beifuba said they are about 90 percent sure that the patient is not suffering from Ebola. He said the patient was involved in a car accident however, analysis of blood samples of the suspected victim is underway at the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research. Dr. Nang-Beifuba said the hospital will soon release the report of the Research Institute as soon as it is made available. GBC