Ghana To Miss Muntari Against Portugal The Black Stars will be without the services of Sulley Muntari when Ghana face Portugal in the final Group G World Cup match in Brazilia on Thursday. Muntari picked his second yellow card at the competition for a late tackle when Ghana drew 2-2 with Germany on Saturday. The midfielder's first yellow card came when Ghana lost 1-2 to the United States in the group opener last week. The AC Milan ace is one of the only two players to have featured for Ghana in all three World Cups since making his debut in 2006. Speaking on the how his absence would affect Thursday's game, Coach Kwesi Appiah says the midfielder will be missed when Ghana attempts progress to the next stage of the competition on Thursday. According to Coach Appiah, Muntari has played a very fantastic two games. It is very unfortunate that he had to pick that yellow card and will be unavailable for the game against Portugal. He (Muntari) will be missed without a doubt." The coach however, said of his plans without Muntari. "There are a lot of very good young players who I believe can be psyched up well to play his role while he serves his ban." Muntari scored against Czech Republic in his debut at the World Cup with Ghana in 2006 and also sent the Black Stars ahead at the quarter final meeting with Uruguay at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The midfielder should be available for selection if Ghana qualifies for the next stage of the competition. Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari has expressed worry over the position of the Black Stars in their group saying “it’s sad we have to leave our destiny in the hands of others when we had the opportunity to direct it ourselves”. The Stars have picked one out of six points in their two games at the 2014 World Cup after their thrilling two all draw with Germany at the Estadio Castelo in Fortaleza on Saturday. Speaking in an interview, Muntari said, “It’s sad we have to wait for another game to determine our fate in the group. “I feel very bad about the situation because our fate now lies in the next game when we could have secured qualification by now.” Muntari also rued the manner in which they concede goals in the competition, saying “I find it difficult to understand why we dropped our guards any time we equalise or take lead in a game. “But these condition are part of football. We must accept it and move forward. We have another game at hand and that is more important to me and my colleagues. “Now we have to focus on Portugal and ensure we win that, game but much will also depend on the game between the United States of America (USA) and Portugal. “It is my prayer that Portugal beats USA so we remain in the competition. Without this result it will be difficult for use to make progress in the competition.” Commenting on his absence in the next game, Muntari said he was not bothered. “We have an all-round team with a lot of quality players. Any of my colleagues could take up the mantle and perform well. “What is important is that we win our next game and see how the group shapes up in the competition.” SOURCE: GNA