Queen leaves hospital after stomach bug The Queen has left hospital in central London after being assessed for gastroenteritis symptoms. She had been at London's King Edward VII's Hospital since Sunday - her first hospital stay in 10 years. All official engagements for this week, including a visit to Rome, were either cancelled or postponed. She also missed St David's Day celebrations in Swansea. Buckingham Palace said the Queen, 86, was admitted as a precaution and was otherwise in "good health". A Bentley arrived to take the Queen to Buckingham Palace on Monday afternoon. Dressed in a red coat and smiling, she shook hands with hospital staff on the steps outside. On Saturday, the Queen had missed the military ceremony in Wales due to the stomach bug. On Sunday, she was driven from Windsor Castle, where she had been resting, after carrying out a private medal presentation earlier in the day. A spokesman for the Queen said she was in "good spirits" and her admission was "a precautionary measure". BBC NEWS